OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Local 76-493 is a membership organization, administered by elected officers and an elected board of directors. We are musicians. Our goals are to communicate to each other about workplace needs, professional desires and collective power; educate each other about our rights, responsibilities and union power; to facilitate obtaining those rights in our lives; to organize for collective bargaining; and to raise the publics’ awareness of the value of music and musicians.
THE MUSICIANS' ASSOCIATION OF SEATTLE, AFM LOCAL 76-493
- Belongs to musicians of local to international status, part-time and full-time, playing the many diverse styles of music that inhabit Seattle.
- Provides a variety of services to its members, including contract and referral services, and facilitates the members, agreeing upon minimum pay scales.
- Is run by musicians, for musicians. The membership's desires are carried out by a Board of Directors together with a small staff for day-to-day operations, and an organizer.
- Publishes a newsletter (Musicland) for members to address relevant issues and provide a forum for discussion.
- Is part of the American Federation of Musicians (AFM), which has nearly 130,000 members in approximately 325 locals throughout the USA and Canada. The AFM sets pay scale standards and negotiates agreements for recording and touring musicians, lobbies the government for improved legislation, publishes a monthly paper (International Musician) for members, and coordinates national efforts in the interests of musicians.
REWARDS OF JOINING
- Solidarity and power for negotiating fair wages and working conditions
- Political voice in city, county, and state government
- Job leads
- Health and dental insurance at group rates
- Instrument insurance
- Contract enforcement and media new use fees collection
- Contract protection for your live, recorded and broadcast works
- More benefits of joining listed on our Membership Page
LOCAL 76-493 JURISDICTION
All of Seattle, Vashon Island, the counties of Clallam, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Mason, Island, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Thurston, and Whatcom counties.
Also Pacific County except the area west of Highway 101 up to the junction of Highway 4 as well as along Highway 103. The incorporated city limits of all towns and villages along said highways are in the jurisdiction of Local 99. These include Ocean Park, Long Beach, Illwaco, Chinook and Megler.
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00
Office Closed For Lunch: 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
The office is closed on all national holidays
MUSICIANS' ASSOCIATION OF SEATTLE, AFM, LOCAL 76-493
3209 Eastlake Ave. E
Seattle, WA 98102
206-441-7600 FAX 206-728-6466
Free parking in the back